COACH HOLIDAY TRAVEL INSURANCE 2020
(Effective for tours departing from 1st January 2020)
A holiday insurance scheme is available to eligible passengers traveling on our holidays. This scheme is arranged by Towergate Travel and for policies sold before the 1st January 2020 is underwritten by ETI - International Travel Protection (ERV), the UK branch of Europäische Reiseverscherung AG, who are licensed by the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (www.bafin.de) and approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (www.fca.org.uk) to undertake insurance business in the UK.
Policies sold from the 1st January 2020 will be underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3AJ, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority: register number 769884. This policy is administered by ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd (ETI): registered in the UK, company number 11091555. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 805870 and registered office: Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch Street London, EC3M 3AJ. Details about the extent of GLISEs and ETIs authorisation and regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority are available on request. Should you wish to take out this holiday insurance please include the appropriate premium when booking your holiday.
To view the insurance Product Information Document (IPID) for tours departing after 01/01/2020, Click Here
To view the Insurance Certificate for tours departing after 01/01/2020, Click here
COVID-19 Declaration Click Here
DEMANDS AND NEEDS
This insurance policy will suit the demands and needs of an individual or group (where applicable) who have no excluded medical condition(s), are travelling in countries included within the policy terms and who wish to insure themselves against unforeseen circumstances/events detailed in the cover section below. Subject to the terms, conditions and maximum specified claim insured.
We will not provide you with advice about the suitability of this product for your individual needs but will be happy to provide you with factual information.
We summarise in the table below the details of the insurance cover provided which also includes 24-hour emergency service from Towergate Assistance. The following is a brief summary of the cover available. Full details of the cover, conditions and exclusions will be forwarded with your confirmation of booking. In any event, you may ask for a specimen copy of the policy wording before booking should you wish to examine this in advance.
SECTION OF COVER
MAXIMUM SUMS INSURED AND /OR BENEFITS PER PERSON
MAXIMUM EXCESS PER PERSON
| || |
Travel Delay (N.I., Scilly Isles, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, R.O.I., Europe & Worldwide)
| || |
| || |
| || |
Medical & Other Expenses (including Curtailment)
£2,000,000, sub-limited as follows:
Baggage (including Personal Money)
£2,000 sub-limited as follows:
Loss of Passport &/or Visa Expenses
SIGNIFICANT or UNUSUAL LIMITATIONS or WHAT IS NOT COVERED
1. Cover is only available for the whole duration of a booked trip to a maximum 17-consecutive days and cover cannot be purchased once a trip has already begun.
2. Certain hazardous sports and activities.
3. Personal effects claims will be paid based on the value at todays prices less a deduction for wear, tear and depreciation (loss of value)
4. Losses of personal property, valuables, passport, visa or money must be reported to police within 24 hours of discovery and a written police report obtained.
5. You are not covered for valuables, your passport or visa if left unattended at any time (including in a vehicle, in checked in luggage or while in the custody of a carrier, tour operator or public transport operator) unless deposited in a hotel safe, safety deposit box or left in your locked accommodation.
6. Stolen property: You are not covered for baggage stolen from:
a. an unattended coach/bus unless it was locked in the luggage compartment of the coach/bus and evidence of force or violent
entry to the vehicle is available, or
b. the passenger compartment of any unattended vehicle.
It is hereby noted that the following General Exclusions will apply to the policy:
Claims arising from any epidemic or pandemic as declared by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Claims arising from or related to any coronavirus including but not limited to COVID-19, or any related / mutated form of the virus. This exclusion does not apply to claims under Section 5 Medical and Other Expenses with the exception of any claim for curtailment.
The cover under this policy is only available to United Kingdom residents for travel within the Geographical limits contained in this policy and which begins and ends in the United Kingdom. Repatriation will be to the United Kingdom only.
You must be able to comply with the following conditions to have the full protection of your policy. If you do not comply we may refuse to deal with any relevant claim or reduce the amount of any relevant claim payment.
If you are travelling within the United Kingdom you are not required to declare your medical conditions. However, to be covered for any medical conditions you have or have had, you must be able to answer NO to questions 1 to 4 and YES to questions 5 and 6a and 6b below:
1. Are you aware of any reason why the trip could be cancelled or cut short (such as the health of a close relative)?
2. Are you travelling:
a) against the advise of a medical practitioner, or
b) for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment?
3. Have you been given a terminal prognosis?
4. Are you receiving or awaiting treatment for any bodily injury, illness or disease as a hospital day case or in-patient?
5. If you are on prescribed medication, are your medical condition(s) is stable and well controlled?
6. If you suffer from stress, anxiety, depression or any other mental or nervous disorder, have you recieved written confirmation (at your cost) that you are fit enough to take this trip by either:
a) a registered mental health professional (if you are under the care of a Community Mental Health Team), or
b) a consultant specialising in the relevant field?
If you are travelling outside of the United Kingdom you must telephone Mediscreen on 0344 892 1698 if anyone to be covered by this policy, or any person upon whose health the trip depends:
1. Has or has had a medical condition (excluding childhood and minor ailments not requiring treatment)
2. Is taking prescribed medication
3. Has or has had any medical condition still requiring periodic review
4. Is awaiting any tests, treatment, investigation, referral or the results of these.
Mediscreen's office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4pm on Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
IF YOU HAVE A CHANGE OF HEALTH BETWEEN BOOKING AND DEPARTURE
You must notify Mediscreen immediately of any changes in medical circumstances arising between the date the policy is issued and the time of departure for the trip. You may have to pay an additional premium to cover your medical conditions. This applies to all destinations
including trips solely within the United Kingdom (being defined as England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isles of Scilly).
Examples of these and other conditions and exclusions are contained within the policy wording, a specimen copy of which is available upon request. If after purchasing a policy from us should you find it does not meet your requirements, you have 14 days from the date of receipt of the policy documents to cancel the policy and receive a full refund of your premium.
TRAVEL INSURANCE PREMIUMS
TRIP DURATION UK & ROI EUROPE
1-3 days £14.00 -
4-7 days £17.00 £28.00
8+ days £22.00 £35.00
All premiums include 20% Insurance Premium Tax.
Ulsterbus Tours Limited t/a Ulsterbus Tours is an Appointed Representative of ITC Compliance Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their firm reference is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.